Project Manager - Mechanical Field Services
Full-time - Salina, KS 67401
Exline, Inc. is a repair and manufacturing company serving the growing needs of many large industrial markets. For over a century, we have served such industries as power, oil and gas, to name a few. We’re hiring a motivated Project Manager in our Field Services - Mechanical division for our Salina, Kansas location to join our team.
The successful candidate will plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated projects to ensure the goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
The position will manage 3-4 field Superintendents and up to 10 employees in the Field Services Division. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects. Develops project quotations & schedules. Attend pre-bid &/or pre-job meetings at customers' locations & periodic safety audits at job sites.
· Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of a project and arranges assignment of project personnel.
· Collaborate with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
· Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
· Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modified schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
· Provides technical advice to project personnel to resolve problems.
· Participate in the planning & development to improve departmental success and assist with the execution in the following areas but not limited to:
o Research products for quotations and acquire pricing from vendors.
o Provide Budgetary and Project quotations for customers.
o Manage and assist in shop orders/travelers and purchasing.
o Be efficient in Profit Key and other CRM programs.
o Manage daily timesheets and field timesheets.
o Develop Standard Scope of Work for projects
o Assist and develop standard work procedures
· Become cross-trained in all department roles and responsibilities.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Proficient with basic computer skills & programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel & Project.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and handle a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Safety – understands that job site safety is paramount and adheres to safety protocols.
· Communication & Leadership – effectively and concisely communicate (initiating and receiving) messages to a wide array of internal and external stakeholders. This includes verbal and written forms of communication.
· Collaboration - embraces change and adapts well to a dynamic business environment. Energetically supports initiatives and continuous improvements. Provides feedback to the leadership team on field team needs, while partnering with other team members to plan and execute projects.
· Quality - consistently performs QA / QC on projects.
· Organization - strong attention to detail, analytical, and strong organization skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Exline, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive wages.
· Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
· 401k Match
· Generous PTO - Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
Strength and drug tests are required.
Resume can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or apply on our website www.exline-inc.com
E.O.E. of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans and Persons with Disabilities
Details of position
- Experience: 5+ Years
- Job Type: Full-time
- Category: Project Manager
In compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Exline, Inc. runs all applications through E-Verify upon submission. Also, please be aware that all racial information voluntarily provided is submitted to the the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission.