Quality Assurance Inspector
Full-time - Salina, KS 67401
Exline, Inc. is a repair and manufacturing company serving the growing needs of many large industrial markets. For over a century, we have served such industries as power, oil and gas, to name a few. We’re hiring a motivated Quality Assurance Inspector for our Salina, Kansas location to join our team.
As a vital part of our supply chain, the Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for upholding our quality standards across all aspects of our business. The Inspector will certify & qualify measuring equipment, both analog & digital, incoming raw materials for compliance to Exline’s & vendors’ standards, as well as any outsourced parts that will be sold to Exline’s customers. The Inspector will also act as a liaison to both internal and external customers.
Quality Assurance Inspector will monitor quality standards for all manufactured and refurbished products. Responsible for ensuring a product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability, and performance required for distribution and the market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints and instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the product and supplies
- Approve or reject raw/finished materials with respect to quality standards and record supplier performance
- Select output samples and check them using appropriate methods (measuring dimensions, testing functionality, comparing to specifications etc.)
- Develops, updates, and maintains inspection forms for both internal use and as required by customers.
- Corresponds with customers to ensure compliance of part control plans.
- Operates coordinate measuring machine to inspect and/or reverse engineer parts.
- Develops and implements procedures to ensure that the proper processes are followed in all divisions of Exline Inc.
- Performs inspections of parts returned by customers for warranty repair or replacement.
- Prepare and submit reports to customers and quality manager
- Lead investigations on rework incidents and log statistics of causes for rework.
- Develops measures to prevent reoccurrence of rework.
- Maintains certifications of measuring equipment.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and certification of various training programs
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment correctly and accurately.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for assistance when appropriate.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- CMM Experience.
- Experience with implementation and management of corrective action programs.
- Ability to repair measurement and calibration equipment and evaluate for repairs.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma, Technical Education and or Bachelor’s degree preferred Further qualification will be a plus
- 1-3 years industrial machine shop experience
- Ability to secure-Certified Quality Inspector CQI, Six Sigma Training
- Logic and attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Technical ability
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Think outside the box
- Ability to work as a team
- Time management
Involves long periods of standing/sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Exerting 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Exline, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive wages.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401k Match
- Generous PTO - Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Strength and drug test required.
Resume can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or apply on our website www.exline-inc.com
E.O.E. of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans and Persons with Disabilities
Details of position
- Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Job Type: Full-time
- Category: Quality
In compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Exline, Inc. runs all applications through E-Verify upon submission. Also, please be aware that all racial information voluntarily provided is submitted to the the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission.