Business Development Manager
Full Time - Salina, KS 67401
The Business Development Manager will be the point of contact and business revenue expansion for Exline new and existing industrial customers. The Business Development Manager will solicit and qualify all inquiries on new fabrication or repairs. Whether by either using our own manufacturing capabilities, our supply base or finding alternative supplier solutions that meet the customers’ requirements. This Business Development Manager role is designed for a sales professional familiar with the industry of machined/ turned parts, materials, and manufacturing methods for low to mid volume demands. Good communication skills and the ability to bridge production, sourcing and customer demands efficiently are important.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and sustain new and existing business development efforts with new and existing customers.
- Daily manage customer accounts and support all facets of inside and outside sales.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial growth and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for lead generation, market research, opportunity qualification and account management.
- Promote new industry technologies of machine shops based on capability and market research.
- Liaison with operations and customer.
- Promotes a work environment where employee safety and health are prioritized.
- Present Industrial Solutions to clients with sale meetings and tradeshows.
- Identify client needs and promote appropriate products/services.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the identified industrial markets
- Reviews project costs and quality, to maintain and enhance profitable operation of company.
- Work closely with the VP of Sales & Marketing to set sales and marketing strategies and objectives.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proven working experience as a business development manager or a relevant role.
- Ability to interpret/read drawings and blueprints.
- Financial and profitability analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of machine shop operational capabilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for assistance when appropriate.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, demanding and evolving marketplace
- Strong client-facing and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in technical sales in industrial machine shop production and job shop industry.
Duties are performed independently. Recommends, designs, and promotes industrial solutions process based on clients’ objectives. Consults with supervisor regarding major policy commercial agreements.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting and industrial shop environment. This role routinely uses, motor vehicle and air transportation, standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, forklifts, packaging devices, measurement tools, cutting utensils, ladders. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk, or hear, reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate to Extreme noise (i.e.: machine shop equipment) exists occasionally in the work environment. Exposure to fumes and high levels of heat and noise while on the factory floor and project site locations.
Details of position
- Job Type: Full Time
- Category: Sales
In compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Exline, Inc. runs all applications through E-Verify upon submission. Also, please be aware that all racial information voluntarily provided is submitted to the the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission.