Full-Time - Salina, KS 67401
Under the direct supervision of the mechanic superintendent or foreman. Incumbent provides skilled mechanical maintenance and repair services in addition to the following duties. Job requires extended periods away from home (at least 75% of the time).
Occasionally will fill in for foremen or superintendents. Assists with training of subordinates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs independently or as a team leader in the various skilled activities involved with mechanical maintenance.
- Acts as a contact with customers, assures the work is accomplished in a safe and efficient manner.
- As team leader, accepts responsibility for proper completion of projects and for safety of entire team.
- Motivates other employees.
- Looks for ways to improve department.
- Should have standard mechanical knowledge and be familiar with various types of industrial prime movers, compressors, and other equipment.
- Properly uses and maintains all company provided hand tools, power tools and technical equipment, including precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, dial indicators and depth gauges.
- Basic computer skills.
- Provides or obtains information, identify, or discover information and provide written summary of work performed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to comprehend & pass various safety training modules. Clean driving record & being able to obtain DOT medical card for driving non-CDL company vehicles is preferred.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties are performed independently. Recommends, designs, and implements controls and process improvements/efficiencies based on department objectives. Consults with supervisor regarding major policy decisions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock; and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Exline, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package.
Physical and drug screen required.
If you are interested in joining an aggressive, growth-oriented, community that is recognized by its customers as a leader in the markets we serve, Exline is the place for you!
Grow with us by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.exline-inc.com.
Exline, Inc. is an E.O.E. of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans and Persons with Disabilities and provides consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, any other characteristics protected by law.
Details of position
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Category: Field Service
In compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Exline, Inc. runs all applications through E-Verify upon submission. Also, please be aware that all racial information voluntarily provided is submitted to the the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission.