Full-Time - Salina, KS 67401
Job Summary: Under direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, performs independently or as a team leader in various activities. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designed project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Supervisory Responsibility: Manages all positions on the shop floor for the Plastics Division. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring, recruiting, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; regarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish work plan and staffing for each shop project and assign project personnel
- Sales quoting, site visits, and customer on-site maintenance/repair required.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Confers with individual project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Other misc. duties and responsibilities
- Fills out daily time sheets, department schedules, and ensures proper procurement for schedule.
- Operates machines efficiently in the shop
- Is conscious of ways to improve operations
- Assists in the motivation of other employees. Confers, as needed with COO/Division Manager to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Works with other shops for specific Plastics needs and theirs so all projects get completed on time
- Order welding and other supplies as needed for the shop and metal to have on hand.
- Clean and perform pre-inspections on received parts. Give information to Project Manager or Division Manager to quote project
- Meets with Operation/Division Manager each week or as needed to discuss scheduling and other needs.
- Attend R&M meetings as required
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (customer facing).
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for assistance when appropriate
Education and Experience:
- Three to six years related experience and/or training.
- Pass fork-lift test – able to operate all machined in the plastics shop efficiently; well versed with safety procedures
Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, stand, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Exline, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package.
If you are interested in joining an aggressive, growth-oriented, family company that is recognized by its customers as a leader in the markets we serve, Exline is the place for you!
Grow with us by submitting your resume to email@example.com or apply online at www.exline-inc.com.
Exline, Inc. is an E.O.E. of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans and Persons with Disabilities and provides consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, any other characteristics protected by law.
Details of position
- Experience: 3+ years
- Job Type: Full-Time
In compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Exline, Inc. runs all applications through E-Verify upon submission. Also, please be aware that all racial information voluntarily provided is submitted to the the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission.