Tool Clerk/ Shipping & Receiving
Full-time - Salina, KS 67401
Receives, stores, and issues hand tools, machine tools, dies, materials, and equipment in industrial establishment by performing the following duties as listed under Duties and Responsibilities. Requisitions tooling and supplies in order to maintain required stock.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchase urgently needed tooling and hardware for best delivery, as requested by Project Managers
- Confirm best pricing with Vendors on substantial purchases
- Coordinate daily with Parts Runner to pick up local items needed
- Issues tools and equipment daily to workers and maintains records of tools and equipment issued and returned.
- Locates lost or misplaced tools and equipment daily.
- Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of tools and equipment daily.
- Daily receives, unpacks, and stores incoming tools and equipment, and requisitions stock to replenish inventory.
- Inspects and measures tools and equipment daily for defects and wear and reports damage or wear to supervisors.
- Identify worn cutting tools for reconditioning or replacement.
- Repairs, services, and lubricates tools and equipment daily.
- Coordinate outsourcing repair of power tools and sharpening or worn tooling.
- Delivers tools or equipment to workers daily.
- Marks and identifies tools and equipment daily.
- Acquire, and coordinate delivery of tools and supplies for field crews as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizations skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for assistance when appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties are performed independently. Recommends, designs, and implements controls and process improvements/efficiencies based on department objectives. Consults with supervisor regarding major policy decisions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Details of position
- Job Type: Full-time
In compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Exline, Inc. runs all applications through E-Verify upon submission. Also, please be aware that all racial information voluntarily provided is submitted to the the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission.