Full-time - Salina, KS 67401
The Director of Operations is responsible for the manufacturing and repair activities of the organization, strategic direction, P&L financial performance, developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective and innovative business. Directing programs of safety and quality with the objective of promoting an innovative culture of continuous improvement, coordinating resources and extreme customer satisfaction. This individual is expected to be a partner and advisor across all the company’s divisions in all aspects of corporate leadership, financial performance, health, safety, and quality.
This position has supervisory responsibility within the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements effective and actionable systems, Daily Management routines utilizing appropriate metrics to meet performance objectives and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong commercial support required for quoting, lead times, technical support, and customer interactions.
- Makes recommendations regarding future technology for the organization (CapEx).
- Drive new industry technologies for the operations based on capability gaps and strategic directions.
- Determines lead time deliverables for all customer orders by aligning customer requirements with a reasonable time for manufacturing to be delivered.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and members.
- Sets operations goals and objectives that align with the overall strategy of the business division.
- Creates and maintains a work environment where employee safety and health are prioritized.
- Drives manufacturing and supply chain for the operations including raw materials, planning, scheduling, production, and inventory management.
- Reviews production costs and product quality, to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Develops capacity models, optimizes scheduling, and set up. Defines gaps and develops plans to address.
- Annually recommends budgets to management.
- Implements effective and sustainable best in class manufacturing practices.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective leadership skills. Ability to inspire individuals to take pride in their work, perform in a team environment and achieve daily production goals.
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, goal setting, delegation, coaching, and motivating employees.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective facilitation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for assistance when appropriate.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Strong Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software. (ERP, CRM)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a Manufacturing Management Role
- Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience.
- Customer facing and negotiation skills.
Duties are performed independently. Recommends, designs and implements controls and process improvements/efficiencies based on department objectives. Consults with supervisor regarding major policy decisions.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting and industrial shop environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, forklifts, packaging devices, measurement tools, cutting utensils, ladders. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear, reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: machine shop equipment) exists daily in the work environment. Exposure to fumes and high levels of heat and noise while on the factory floor.
Details of position
- Job Type: Full-time
- Category: Director
In compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Exline, Inc. runs all applications through E-Verify upon submission. Also, please be aware that all racial information voluntarily provided is submitted to the the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission.