Full-time - Salina, KS 67401
Under direct supervision of Shop Foreman or Division Manager – performs all necessary and related tasks typically found in a weld/fabrication shop. These duties include welding, grinding, fabrication and misc. machine work and general repair.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly and welding.
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps and tack welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shield arc, plasma, or gas welding equipment
- Sets up equipment and operates flamed and plasma cutting equipment
- Assembles parts by bolting or welding
- Repairs products by dismantling, straitening, reshaping, and reassembling parts
- Duties are not limited to those listed above…
- Procure tools required for this grade – (A list of tools required will be provided)
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizations skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for assistance when appropriate
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Vocational/Technical education a plus
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Occasional travel to job sites, which would be about 10% of time throughout the year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, stand, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Details of position
- Job Type: Full-time
In compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Exline, Inc. runs all applications through E-Verify upon submission. Also, please be aware that all racial information voluntarily provided is submitted to the the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission.