Full-time - Salina, KS 67401
Provide direct support to the R&M Project Managers in estimating jobs and programming CNC machines that cut, shape, drill, bore, thread, or face metal workpieces according to specifications.
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Estimate costs and times on multiple projects with Project Manager direction
- Recommend repair procedures for customer parts
- Programming of CNC machines
- Develop Work Procedures/Routings/Set-up Sheets
- Optimization of the operation of CNC machines for processing times
- Review jobs prior to billing
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common mechanical reports and documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from supervisors, customers or shop personnel. Ability to effectively present information to supervisors, customers, and shop personnel. Strong knowledge of M and G-codes as well as CAD and manufacturing software.
Education and Experience:
- Five years of experience in related field
- Proficient in ERP systems, Microsoft Office Products, and CAD/CAM software
- Demonstration of strong technical, verbal and written communications skills and ability to multi-task within a customer facing environment
- Demonstration of strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstration of planning, organization, and time management skills
Duties are performed independently. Recommends, designs and implements controls and process improvements/efficiencies based on department objectives. Consults with supervisor regarding major policy decisions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a clerical office setting as well as in an industrial shop environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles while in the shop environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and scanners. It also uses shop equipment such as CNC machines, measuring tools, forklift, and other various shop tools and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Details of position
- Job Type: Full-time
In compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Exline, Inc. runs all applications through E-Verify upon submission. Also, please be aware that all racial information voluntarily provided is submitted to the the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission.